top of page

Mysite Group

Public·553 members

10 Greates Places to Watch Movies Online ( Update Oct. 2023 )

To get your free movie, visit these websites and stream full-length movies online.

Watching free movies online is a convenient and cost-effective method to enjoy your favorite films from the comfort of your own home. Yes, there are numerous sites where you can acquire movies “for free,” but I’ve taken the effort to confirm that the ones listed below, while ad-supported, are virus-free and, more importantly, completely legal to use.

These sites include a vast selection of free movies, ranging from comedy and dramas to horror and action blockbusters. There are films from major studios, but there are also many older and indie films that you will enjoy watching again and again.

Every month, I spend some time searching the internet for the greatest free movie sites. This list was recently updated in October to ensure that they are still functional, free, and worth your time.

Tubi

You don’t want to miss out on the thousands of free movies and TV shows available right now on Tubi. Some can only be rented and not viewed for free, but many can be streamed for free.

I like to browse the Leaving Soon page to get freebies before they become expensive elsewhere, but my favorite section of this website for inspiration is Trending Now – I often have no idea what I’m in the mood for, so seeing what everyone else is watching right now is fantastic.

Bed Rest, Odd Thomas, The Arrival, When Strangers Appear, and Canadian Bacon are just a few of the more popular titles that people have been streaming in the previous month.

There are also exclusives in Only Free on Tubi, Black Cinema, Foreign Films, Highly Rated on Rotten Tomatoes, Movie Night, and Cult Classics to choose from.Tubi Kids is a section of this website dedicated to streaming only kid-friendly movies. It’s accessible from the website’s top and includes categories dedicated to preschoolers and other children, such as Toon TV, LEGO, Animé, and Friendly Monsters flicks. You can also set parental restrictions using the regular website.

To watch this content, you don’t even need a user account. Simply click the link below, select anything of interest, and have fun!

Vudu

Vudu has thousands of movies available to view right now. You only need to put up with a few advertisements.

It’s a fantastic movie site whether you know what you want to see or not. You can filter films by category and explore by most-watched or release date. I wouldn’t say the genres are very interesting, but they cover the essentials: action, humor, crime, romance, and a few more.

While the genres aren’t particularly interesting, Vudu compensates with their handpicked lists. Take a look at these: Most Popular Films, Critically Acclaimed Films, Hidden Gems, and Big Time Movie Stars. Each segment has several hundred videos.

This website is unique in that it not only allows you to browse the 300 most recent releases, but it also allows you to do so on a single page for each genre. A few horror films have recently been added, including The Lake, Lucky Number Slevin, The Archer, The Possession, and Nightmare Cinema.

One excellent feature of Vudu’s movies is that some of them are in 1080p, which means you don’t have to sacrifice quality simply to watch some free movies.

Once you’ve decided on a movie to view, you may be given the choice to buy or rent it, but if you found it on one of the free pages, there will be a button you can use to watch it without paying. You can also pay for movies here (some of which are still playing in theaters).

Pluto TV

Pluto TV is the closest thing to free cable TV I’ve found. It’s owned by Paramount and entirely financed by advertisements, so there’s no risk of purchasing something by accident.

My favorite aspect of using this service is that I can simply switch it on and let it play. There are hundreds of live channels, and some of them display news, reality TV, or game shows, while others show full-length movies.

However, not everything is live, which is a good thing. If I’m in the mood for something specific, I may search through thousands of on-demand movies and TV series.

The varied categories for their on-demand films are a major benefit considering most movie websites only provide a few genres. Hollywood Icons, Based on Stephen King, Hand-Picked Hits, and Halloween Treats are some examples.

The Addams Family, Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark, Bram Stoker’s Dracula, and Forrest Gump were among the most watched movies on Pluto TV in the previous month.

Running Pluto TV through a TV, in my experience, makes it easier to use because the always-on video player gets in the way on smaller screens. If you prefer, there is a mobile app and a desktop player available.

Popcornflix

Popcornflix is another excellent site for watching free movies online. Because of the ongoing influx of new titles from Screen Media Ventures, they have a large number of movies being added all the time.

Right away, I like that I don’t need an account to utilize it. I also enjoy that resume playback is available, so I can pause the movie and view the rest later.

However, there are a few things that bother me. While the website has a highly modern appearance, it is not very user-friendly. Along the same lines, I’d want to have sorting choices within each genre list because it’s a lot more enjoyable to see which documentaries, for example, were recently uploaded so I’m not going over the same movies all the time.

There are many hundred films here, including comedies, dramas, horror, action, romance, family films, documentaries, and foreign films. They also include web and film school originals and organize some titles by theme. Leaving the Parents at Home, Legends of Action, Thriller Instincts, Halloween Horror Playlist, and Martial Arts are among the films I’ve seen.

They Wait in the Dark, Ashes, Sick Nurses, Black Fist, and Grand Piano are among the most recent films available on Popcornflix.

Yidio

I’m so glad I found Yidio years ago! It functions as a search engine for all of the other movie websites. It displays where a movie can be found for free on the internet. It’s quite useful.

A search box would enough, but Yidio goes above and beyond by providing numerous sorting and filtering options. MPAA rating, decade, genre, IMDb score, and other factors are among them. Simply enter any of that information to generate a list containing links to free movie sites.

For example, I asked Yidio to find me free animated movies released in 2020 or later and to arrange the results by IMDb rating. The first several results included links to free streaming sites such as Tubi, Roku, Pluto TV, and others.

This isn’t a perfect service, but it works almost every time.

Roku TV

If you own a Roku TV or streaming player, you may already be aware of Roku’s free movies. Even if you don’t have a cable subscription, you can still watch free movies, TV series, and live TV from a computer, phone, or tablet.

There are some advertisements in these films, but the price is incredibly high-quality videos and well-known films.

On the home page, there are useful categories that I have yet to find on another free movie website. My favorites include Dystopian, Date Night, Werewolves, Man on the Moon, Free Screams, Hockey Hits, and Dog Tales.

While there are standard genre listings to explore, none of them allow you to sort by popularity or filter by rating or year. This is by far my only complaint about the service. In addition, TV series and movies are blended into the same listings, which must be perused horizontally in a carousel-style menu. It’s just not particularly user-friendly.

However, I enjoy that you can search for actors and directors to find movies in which they appear. I especially like the tabs Continue watching, Leaving shortly, and Free on Premium (Time-Limited).

Crackle

Crackle is an obvious choice on this list. I always return to it to watch free movies online because of its extensive library of feature films and original programs. These are big-name films with well-known actors.

Despite the fact that you must suffer through commercials, I find them to be pretty brief, with only a few pauses during a movie.

Another reason I prefer Crackle is its distinct categories, which include Foreign Language, British, Stand-Up, Variety/Talk/Games, and Unidentified/Unexplained. It’s enjoyable to look through interesting genres like this.

All users have access to a closed captioning toggle right from the video player, but if you sign up for an account (which is free), you can also enable parental controls (options include kids mode, teen mode, and grown-up mode).

The Code, Swift, The Right Kind of Wrong, Backwoods, Point Blank, and Bloodrayne 1 are some of the most popular movies available on Crackle.

Plex

Plex is an intriguing service because it is actually a much larger bundle than it appears at first glance. It offers live TV and accompanying software that functions as a truly cool at-home media server, in addition to its vast collection of free full-length movies and TV series.

There are currently over 20,000 free movies and episodes available here. They’re organized by category, such as action and crime, but you can also search by actor or channel, such as BBC, Crackle, Popsy, Lionsgate, and Maverick Black Cinema. Plex also has its own distinct categories, such as Crime Time and Cheap Thrills.

Similar titles and more facts that help build a complete image of the film, such as the full cast list, reviews, and trailers, can be found on a movie’s watch page. I love this because it makes it easy to find other movies on Plex with the same stars.

See which movies are leaving Plex soon and snag them before they leave! Or, for more films, visit Plex’s Most Popular page: The Imitation Game, Just My Luck, The Marksman, Copycat, Max Steel, Triple 9, Clip, Halloween, and The Girl Next Door.

If you can’t find what you’re looking for on Plex, the title you’re looking for may still appear in the results, with links to where you can buy/rent it (similar to Yidio, which is noted above).

Redbox

Redbox is well-known for its DVD rental kiosks, but they now provide free movie streaming via their website and mobile app. The user interface is unappealing no matter where you use it, and none of the lists can be sorted. Still, if I can’t discover something excellent through these other services, I’ll come here from time to time.

Redbox’s collection, like most movie sites, can be explored by genre to assist you find dramas, kid movies, romantic flicks, comedies, and so on. Although they appear to alter on a regular basis, Faith-Based is one distinct category I recently discovered.

Redbox also makes it very easy to see which movies are the most popular and which are about to leave the site. The Harbinger, A Week in Paradise, 616 Wilford Lane, Walking Tall: The Payback, and The Good Student are among the most recent films added to their streaming library.

Kanopy

Kanopy is unique among free movie streaming websites in that it requires a valid library card or university login before you can see anything. However, there are no advertising in the videos, and new films are introduced on a monthly basis.

Search for your library using the Kanopy signup website, whether it’s a public library or one affiliated to a school. After you’ve been approved, you can begin watching movies.

Kanopy does an excellent job at organizing useful categories. Short Film, Ancient History, War & Action, Sociology, Performing Arts, Human Rights, Everyday Health, and K-12 Lessons are all available.

There’s also a section dedicated to Kanopy kids movies. My son is now old enough to see non-kid movies, but even if he wasn’t, I’d be happy. Story Time and Read-Along Storybooks are two subsections. You can also use parental controls to restrict access to only age-appropriate content.

Donnie Darko, Memento, Into the Wild, and The Bookshop are among the more popular films here.

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...
bottom of page