GENERAL CONCEPT OF ROTATING ELECTRICAL MACHINE-
GENERAL CONCEPT OF ROTATING ELECTRICAL MACHINE
* FOR LAB WINDING : Number of parallel path = Number of poles
* FOR WAVE WINDING : Number of parallel path = 2
* since no of parallel path in wave winding is always two then the current
distribution in wave winding is less as compared to lap winding hence wave
winding is employed in dc machine for LOW CURRENT AND HIGH VOLTAGE
* Equalizer ring are used in lap wound machine .
The equalizer ring is used to avoid circulating current hence in simplex wave
winding equalizer is not required .
* for lap winding : A=P
* Commutator bar = Number of slots .