Mode of Selection :-
(i) Written Test:- Multiple Choice Question Based Objective test followed by English shorthand-computer typing test with speed of 80 words per minute for 320 words only, i.e. at the rate of 80 w.p.m. for 4 minutes and 15 minutes for its transcription along with 7 minutes for revision of shorthand immediately after dictation and English Typing test with speed of 40 words per minute.
The syllabus for the Patna High Court Stenographer recruitment exam may include the following subjects/topics:
Syllabus and Scheme of Examination :- Written test shall consist of the following
i. English Language and grammar: Spot the Error, Fill in the Blanks,
Synonyms/Homonyms, Antonyms, Spellings/Detecting mis-spelt words, Idioms &
Phrases, One word substitution, Improvement of Sentences, Active/ Passive Voice of
Verbs, Shuffling of Sentence parts (30 Marks)
ii. Basic Computer Science: History of computers, Fundamentals of Computer and
terminologies, Computer abbreviations, Basics of Hardware and software, Keyboard
shortcuts, Operating system basics, Basic Functionalities of MS-Office (Word, Excel
and Powerpoint), Internet terms and services, Networking and communication,
Security Tools and Viruses (20 Marks)
Note :- (i) The question paper of Written Test shall be available in English language only.
(ii) There shall not be negative marking for incorrect answers in the written test.
1. **English Language:** This section tests candidates' proficiency in the English language, including vocabulary, grammar, comprehension, sentence structure, and writing skills.
2. **Stenography Skills:** As stenographers, candidates may be tested on their stenography and typing abilities. This could involve transcription of dictated passages, typing speed, accuracy, and shorthand skills.
3. **General Knowledge:** Questions related to current affairs, general awareness, history, geography, culture, and other related topics.
4. **Computer Proficiency:** Basic questions about computer fundamentals, typing skills, and knowledge of commonly used software.
5. **Numerical Ability:** This section might include questions on basic arithmetic, percentages, averages, ratios, data interpretation, and other mathematical concepts.
6. **Reasoning:** Questions that assess candidates' logical reasoning, analytical ability, coding-decoding, puzzles, and series completion.
7. **Legal and Judicial Knowledge:** For stenographers working in the legal field, there might be questions related to legal terminology, the judicial system, and relevant laws.